Residents, Families and Partners,
Our top priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our guests and staff. We are continuing to closely monitor the global spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) and are coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local health departments across the United States to ensure we are taking necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus.
The top management staff of Bridge Care Suites has over 100 years of experience caring for seniors, and infection control is part of our everyday operations. While COVID-19 poses a grave concern, cold and flu season is a risk for seniors every year. Bridge Care Suites maintains a rigorous Infection Control and Prevention Program, which is regularly updated to reflect current CDC guidance.
Out of an abundance of caution, we began implementing a number of measures weeks ago to help protect our team members and guests from COVID-19, including:
- The placement of signage at every entrance of every community asking that every visitor helps us protect the health of our guests by postponing their visit if they have a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms and limiting visitors at each community to only those who need to be there.
- Conducting resident health evaluations, including temperature checks and respiratory assessments multiple times a day.
- Instructing team members to stay home if sick or experiencing virus symptoms, and asking team members to self-quarantine in cases of possible exposure to infectious illness.
- Screening all team members and visitors for possible illness, recent travel to CDC-issued Level 2 and Level 3 countries (China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, and Italy), and potential exposure to the virus.Re-educating our team members and monitoring to ensure that community teams are following the standards in our evidence-based Infection Control and Prevention program, such as frequent handwashing, cleaning of high-touch surfaces, and other recommended hygiene measures.
- We have instituted a schedule of regular handwashing of all of our guests throughout our communities. All visitors will be asked to wash their hands upon entry to each community. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at every entrance and throughout each community. We have ordered an adequate supply of perishables to assure meeting our guests’ needs if the supply chain is disrupted.
- All guests will be assessed daily for symptoms of respiratory infection, and the evaluation and treatment protocols recommended by public health officials and the CDC will be followed. We will not move in any new resident who meets the CDC guidelines for COVID-19. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreaks and will adjust our precautions as recommended by the CDC.
- Current state government regulations do not allow for any visitors at this time. Phone calls can be made to our guests since all guest rooms are equipped with telephones.
Our team is working to maintain normalcy for our guests and families despite this situation. We want to thank our guests, families and team members for their understanding, cooperation and words of support in recent days. We are humbled by and appreciative of the trust you place in us every day.
217-787-0000 ext 1001