Having a cardiac incident is a scary experience. In the aftermath, you might have taken the recommended treatment according to the symptoms you had. For instance, coronary artery bypass grafting, heart valve surgery, or angioplasty to insert a stent to open the valves of your heart along with medication.
Aside from medical treatment, you need cardiac rehabilitation for continued recovery after the heart attack. The duration of this program may vary according to your needs. But, typically it lasts for 12 weeks and includes 36 sessions. Cardiac rehab educates you on the lifestyle changes you need to make to strengthen your heart and prevent the possibility of further incidents. You’ll also learn how you design your activities around the capacity of your heart.
How Cardiac Rehabilitation Helps You
The cardiac rehabilitation program prepares you psychologically and mentally for life after a cardiac incident. In addition to understanding the lifestyle changes you need to make, you’ll also receive a three-dimensional treatment recovery modality.
- Counseling and Training: Learn how to do the right exercises that can assist in the proper functioning of your heart. These moves help build stamina and provide better oxygen and blood flow to the body. Your doctors will also train you to recognize the symptoms of future heart problems and how to act before help arrives.
- Heart-healthy Living: Learn about the risks that can cause damage to your heart and receive a healthy nutrition plan. You’ll also receive guidance on how to take your medications correctly. If you’re overweight, diabetic, hypertensive, or smoke, you’ll receive a detailed program to correct these risks.
- Identifying the Main Causes of Heart Trouble: Spend time with the consultants who’ll help you identify the key causes of heart problems. Like, for instance, how to eliminate the stress from a high-profile career or perhaps, personal commitments.
You can sign up for cardiac rehabilitation at an outpatient clinic or in a rehab center like The Bridge Care Suites. Before the rehabilitation sessions begin, doctors will study your medical history carefully and come up with a customized plan to suit your unique requirements. As the therapy progresses, you’ll feel a lot more confident about managing the condition.
At all times, a team of expert doctors and trained therapists will be present monitoring and directing your efforts. These personnel include the caseworker assigned to you, nurses, dieticians, physical and occupational therapists, and psychologists.
Outcomes and Positives of Cardiac Rehabilitation
The holistic cardiac rehabilitation program is an integrative system that offers you a host of benefits. Here are some of them:
- Lowered risk of fatal heart problems
- Recovery after any kind of heart condition including angina or bypass surgery
- Controlled blood pressure
- Increased stamina levels and lesser fatigue
- Reduced need for emergency room visits and stays in the hospital for cardiac issues
- Improved breathing
- Lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels
- Weight loss, control on diabetes, and overall better health thanks to the balanced diet
- Better tolerance to stressful situations
Why Choose The Bridge Care Suites for Cardiac Rehabilitation
At The Bridge Care Suites, we understand that you need to get back your confidence after the cardiac episode. Being able to care for you independently without the need for long-term assistance is probably high on your list of priorities, as is continued good health moving forward. We can help you recover from the psychological and physical impact of the cardiac event so you can get back to normal living. Trust in the expertise of our cardiac rehabilitation team and advanced therapeutic equipment to recover strength and stamina.